NE HERS Training and Reference Manual
The Northeast HERS Alliance offers one of the most comprehensive Rater Training and Reference Manuals used in the US. The manual was updated to current industry standards and the regulations set by RESNET in 2006.
The manual cost is discounted for members whose current annual dues are paid.
The manual, authored and reviewed by some of the top HERS technical professionals in the country, can be used in combination with any accredited HERS rating software, and currently includes specific references to REM/Rate and TREAT. In addition to thorough coverage of technical rating issues, the Manual also covers rater policies, codes of ethics and quality assurance. Although written for the Northeast U.S., the Manual is applicable to anywhere there is a HERS service.
Highlights of the 200-page manual include:
- Incorporation of the RESNET rating technical standards, presenting them in an understandable, well-organized format.
- Updated TREAT and REM/Rate software guidelines to reflect operation of most recent versions.
- Added sections addressing federal energy tax credits, sampling, and rating multifamily buildings.
- Appendices for RESNET and EPA ENERGY STAR standards, and numerous other updates and additions.
- A chapter on marketing HERS services and energy efficient financing clearly presents the opportunities and steps in offering this service to support both new construction and existing homes.
- Online links to template materials for developing a HERS business, working with contractors, and promoting energy efficient financing are given.
Back to Store | View Cart