*** This is a special hybrid online/in-person formatted RESNET-accredited HERS Rater training program. The structure includes:
- online preparation/study of building science at the student's own pace from 2-6 weeks prior to class, including testing one's understanding with quizzes.
- a 4-day in-person training, material review, in-class rating from plans, on-site rating, test prep and National test proctoring.
The format allows students to start the in-person training more prepared and with test-taking practice.
Step 1: Complete an online registration form here.
Step 2: If you prefer to pay with a credit card, which is our preference, continue through the payment process. You will receive a confirmation number. If you prefer paying by check, directions for making payment will be sent with your confirmation.
Step 3: Before day one of your class you must complete your balance payment online using the confirmation number you receive after filling out the online registration.
Prior to making payment, be sure you have read and understood our Cancellation Policy (below).
The Alliance is pleased to be able to offer high quality HERS rater training in the Northeast, approximately 4-6 times per year. It would be unfortunate to have to cancel a class at the last minute because one or more students drop out. Therefore, in order to cover the costs of our trainers and coordination and to continue to hold classes when there are cancellations, the following refund policy is in place:
If notice of your cancellation is received in writing (email), or by speaking live to a training coordinator:
- Thirty or more days prior to class: 100% of the deposit less $50 processing fee will be refunded.
- Between 14 – 29 days prior to the class we will deduct 25% of the full training cost as the processing fee or you may enroll in a future Alliance training session if one is available within one year of this class.
- Under 14 days, the requested deposit amount will be forfeited, or you may apply the fee to a future Alliance training session if one is available*.
- Fees paid for Alliance on-line testing are not refundable.
Exceptions to the above stated policy are rare but will be considered on a case by case basis with the approval of the NEHERS Board of Directors. If you have to cancel a class, contact Laurie immediately at 978-544-8270.
*Future Alliance training sessions, may or may not include third party subsidies, therefore future sessions may be at a higher cost than the one from which you are withdrawing.